Internet Acceptable Use Policy
Fastwyre provides access to the Internet (“Service(s)”) through the use of Fastwyre’s dedicated server computer (“Server”). Fastwyre will provide the Service to the Customer subject to its Terms of Service (“TOS”) and Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) which are posted at my.camtel.net.
- General Conduct
- The Service shall be used by Customer only for lawful purposes. Any unlawful or unauthorized usage by Customer shall be a material breach of this Agreement thereby entitling Fastwyre to immediately terminate any or all of the Customer’s rights hereunder. Unauthorized usage shall include, but not be limited to: (i) accessing, altering, or interfering with (or attempting or assisting another to access, alter or interfere with) the Server or Service, or the equipment or information of any customer of Fastwyre, by or through any fraudulent or unauthorized means or devices whatsoever, including attempts to bypass system accounting, record keeping or account limitations in order to gain unjust advantage; (ii) using the Service provided hereunder in such a manner so as to interfere unreasonably with the use of the Service by any other customer(s) of Fastwyre, (iii) use of the Service by any third party with the permission of Customer when that third party is not authorized by this Agreement to do so; and (iv) any unauthorized, wrongful, misappropriated or other unlawful use of the Service of Customer.
- Commercial advertising through the use of the Service is strictly limited to Customers subscribing to the Service for such use. Primary Account Customers using free personal web space for commercial advertisement will be charged a non-authorized use charge of $50.00 and removed from the free personal user area into the commercial user web area. Customers will then be assessed commercial web space charges and activation fees based on the then-current Fastwyre contract rates for such items and Services.
- Fastwyre shall provide technical support for access difficulties, problems related to email any questions regarding charges or billing. However, Fastwyre shall not provide training to Customers for use of the Internet or personal web space.
- Email / Messaging:
- Sending unsolicited email messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, (commonly referred to as “SPAM”) is explicitly prohibited. A user shall not use another site’s email server to relay email without the express permission of the site.
- Email accounts on Fastwyre’s email server are limited to occupying a total of 250MB of disk space per email account.
- The Inbox for any Fastwyre email account may not exceed 1000 email messages.
- Posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting) is explicitly prohibited.
- System and Network Security
- The customer may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network, or account (“cracking”). This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for the Customer, logging into a server or account the Customer is not expressly authorized to access or probing the security of other networks (such as running a SATAN scan or similar tool).
- The customer may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host, or network (“denial of service attacks”). This includes, but is not limited to, “flooding” of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to “crash” a host.
- Customers may not use any kind of program/script/command, or send messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a user’s terminal session, via any means, locally or by the Internet.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. Fastwyre will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
Indirect or attempted violations of the policy, and actual or attempted violations by a third party on behalf of a Fastwyre customer or a customer’s end user, shall be considered violations of the policy by such customer or end user.
Questions about this policy should be sent via email to email@example.com.
Reports of activity in violation of this policy may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.