Online Resource Center
Connecting Your Equipment
Connect an Ethernet cable to the 3Com Switch in any available port. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable directly to your computer or router.
**NOTE: Only one internet device can be connected to the 3Com Switch.
If you have more than one computer, gaming system or other device requiring Internet access, you must have a router.
Connect the router directly to the 3 Com via Ethernet cable. All other computers or devices will be connected directly to the router.
Troubleshooting Your Connection
If you cannot browse on the Internet:
- Make sure the Ethernet cable that connects the 3Com Switch to your computer is secure.
- Make sure the 3Com Switch has power and is turned on.
- Check to see if computer is recognizing the connection. To do this, go to the
- “Control Panel” for your computer. Find the “Local Area Connection” icon. The Local Area Connection should be “Connected.”
If your 3Com Switch is still not connecting to the internet, unplug the power to the 3Com Switch for 3 seconds. Plug the power back in and try to get on the internet.
Check to see if your computer is getting an “IP Address”.
**NOTE: Your computer should be getting a direct public IP Address.
“Limited to No Connectivity”: This means your computer recognizes a connection but is unable to get an IP Address.
Causes for Limited to No Connectivity:
- Bad or damaged Ethernet cable
- Bad or damaged Ethernet port on computer
- 3Com Switch is not getting a signal. You will need to contact Cameron Communications.
Other reasons may apply. Please contact Customer Support at 1-800-737-2900