Online Resource Center
To Connect Your Equipment
To connect your modem for the first time, follow these steps:
- Connect the power cable to the back of the modem.
- Connect the phone line to the back of the modem in the port labeled “line”.
- Connect one end of your Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the back of the modem and the other end to the Ethernet port on your computer.
Remember: You will need to place DSL filters on all other phone jacks in your home. You will NOT need to put a DSL filter on the phone line going to your BEC Modem.
Once connected with power, both the “ASDL” and “PPP/Mail” lights will come on steady green.
If you are having problems connecting to the internet, follow these steps to reboot your modem.
- Unplug the power cord for your Vision Net modem.
- Count to 10 before plugging your modem back in.
- On the front of your modem, when the “ADSL” and “PPP/Mail” lights have turned on and are steady (not flashing), try to reconnect to the Internet.
**NOTE: If the DSL light on the front of your modem continue flashing, make sure that you have your phone line plugged into the modem, and that it has a dial tone. If you still cannot receive an internet signal, please contact us contact Us.
If you are experiencing interruptions in your service-
Make sure there are no filters on the line going to your modem. These filters, while on other phone connections will make your Internet perform quickly and reliably, do not belong on the phone line that is going to your modem.