To connect your Wireless Linksys Router, do NOT run the configuration CD that comes with Router. Instead, follow these easy steps to install and configure your router.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the back of the wireless router- the port labeled “Internet”. -The other end of the Ethernet cable should go to the “LAN” port on the modem (Vision Net or BEC or 3 Com switch).
- You will also need a second Ethernet cord to connect your computer to the wireless modem (temporarily)
- From your computer, log on to your Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.).
- In the browser’s address bar, type this code: 192.168.1.1
- You will be promoted for a user id/user name and password. For the Linksys modem, your user id and password are both admin.
- Once logged in, you need to change the default IP address to 192.168.2.1
- After closing the browser window, unplug the Ethernet cable going from the wireless router to your computer, turn the router off, count to 10 and then turn the router back on.
- When the power comes back on to your wireless router, try to access the internet via your Internet browser.
If you can’t browse the Internet through your wireless connection:
- Make sure the Ethernet cable that connects the 3Com Switch to the wireless router is connected and secure.
- Make sure the 3Com Switch and the wireless router has power and is on.
All wireless routers should work by default. Do not run the installation CD that comes with the wireless router.
Other options for troubleshooting:
- Make sure your wireless switch on your computer is turned on.
- Go to the control panel of the computer, to the “Wireless Network Connections”
- Choose “View all wireless connections” and connect your computer to your router.
**Note: It might help to unplug both the Switch and the wireless route and re-plug them in, as well as reboot your computer.
If you still can’t connect to the internet, bypass the router and connect directly to the 3Com Switch with an Ethernet cable to see if service is working.
If you still cant connect to the internet after by passing the wireless router, contact us.